The weekend is here!
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! What are your plans?
This Sweet Bliss
The weekend is here!
Hello there! How is everybody doing this beautiful Saturday morning? I am fabulous because I'm finally back! I haven't written a post in a long time. The reason for this? I got busy with life, my kids and landed a sweet job position. I had hoped to continue to write regularly but with adjusting to working, maintaining a house and balancing it all with three small kids turned into a bigger challenge that I had anticipated. I do know that I am so blessed to be where I am in life. I turn thirty this year and I'm finally at a place where I'm comfortable with that. It took a couple months to get to the point where we (as a family) felt like we were fully adjusted to me working and our lives being so busy. I'm so excited to be back here blogging! I made some changes to my blog- simplified it by redoing the pages. If you remember before I had multiple pages but I see now that it just won't work. I just need one page to write. I'm in love with how my blog is laid out and finally feel like it's completed. I will be writing a post once a week but aiming to do another one as well.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! What are your plans?
I have one small favor to ask. As I mentioned above I moved everything to one page and with that I lost all my comments. This is something that I struggled with for weeks. I researched on ways to merge pages together and couldn’t come up with anything, leaving me feeling frustrated daily. I came to the decision to just let it to go. This was heartbreaking. I had comments on every post. If you could take a moment to read just one post and leave a comment, I would greatly appreciate it. If you blog, please leave your website and I’ll come check you out.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Are you ready for a change? How about a new you? The first step comes from you making the decision to change- next is hard work! Are you ready to take that challenge? Here are 30 ideas for daily ways to change your life blended with new things to try. Let’s get started!
1. Try a new lipstick.
2. Be Brave.
3. Take a chance. Follow your dreams.
4. Cut the pop out. It's not good for your body at all.
5. Drink more water!
6. Find a new hobby or put more time into a current hobby.
7. Do something you’ve been wanting to do but keep putting it off.
8. Try a new hair style- Get a color or cut. Search online for styles you love or just have faith in a stylist. A new hair style goes a long way!
9. Get a good nights sleep every night- This means no phone in bed!
10. Do 15 minutes of exercise each day.
11. Look into changing your style- Are you unhappy with how you dress?
12. Try out Ipsy- Ipsy is great for any age. It allows you to get new makeup each month to try.
13. Get up in the morning and say 5 things you are thankful for at that moment.
14. Let go of the negative people in your life. Only surround yourself with positive people.
15. Do you hate your job? How can you change that? Do research into new jobs, your dream career and how you can make that dream come true. What steps can you make towards that? Do those- go back to school. Revamp your resume.
16. Give back.
17. Go into your phone calendar and program two events per day- with two things you are grateful for or quotes- set the alarm so you see those throughout the day.
18. Get organized!
19. Do something every day to work towards your life goals (You do have life goals, don’t you?!)
20. Take time for yourself every single day. A relaxing bath, a good book or a glass of wine- or combine all three. Don’t get caught up in taking care of everyone else that you forget about you.
21. Read a motivational book. Take notes.
22. Declutter- Go through your junk and throw it away. Especially clothes- leave room for only your favorites and the ones you actually wear. This will save time and headache in the morning.
23. Go for a run!
24. Get up earlier- don’t stress yourself out because you hit snooze for an hour. Give yourself time to get up and ready for the day
25. Plan out your outfit the night before.
26. Go to bed a little earlier. Make sure you are getting enough sleep!
27. Refuse to think or talk negative about yourself. You are amazing- believe it, live it.
28. Listen to a motivational cd/station on the way to work, on your morning run or while you are getting ready for the day.
29. Cut out the multi-tasking. It doesn’t work.
30. Paint your walls and bring color into your home.
Tell yourself that you can do it. You are in charge of your life. You are in charge of where you go.
Believe in yourself!
As promised Wednesdays blog post is all about using Pinterest to change your style. This is taken from my personal experience. I adore Pinterest. I'm always pinning something great. Awhile ago I found myself wanting a change. I knew that I needed to change my style. I wasn't happy with how I dressed- how I had always dressed. My style at that point was normally flip flops, sweatshirts, American Eagle/Hollister shirts and jeans. Nothing fancy. I started to think- how can I change my style? Where do I start? It was incredibly overwhelming!
As I was pinning one day, I thought- Pinterest. That's how I am going to change my style.
I had so much fun searching for not only outfits but makeup and hair examples and tutorials.
1. Create a board on Pinterest. This is going to be your first step. Chances are you already have a board dedicated to fashion and beauty. You can continue to use that board or create a new one. I suggest creating a new one, so that you start fresh. I titled my board, "Make me over". I pinned outfits and anything beauty related.
2. Start pinning. The best part of Pinterest! You can start your search in Women's Fashion. After that, search for your dream look. Pin anything that inspires you. What look are you going for? I was always drawn to the more casual style- boots, leggings, cardigans, blazers, scarves and flats.
3. Go through your board and create your list. As you will notice, I am a list maker. Sorry, if you aren't. Lists help me stay organized and focused. Go through your boards and write down the outfits you pinned. You can get specific listing everything, leapord flats, blue striped blazer with gold buttons, knee high dark brown boots or you can just list flats, blazer and boots. I wrote down every single, down to the detail. I wrote pieces down by outfit.
4. Shop online first. I am an online shopper, so I naturally did this first. If you do not feel comfortable shopping online, skip it. I felt it was easier to take my list and shop stores online. That way I could have my list in hand and search for each piece by store. Without having to go through a ton of stores. You can also find great deals online, as well as coupons to use. Choose days when free shipping if offered. Cross off as you get each item.
5. Take your list to the store. The next step is heading out to try to conquer the rest of your list. Hopefully you were able to get the majority online.
Do you need a change? Have you recently changed your look? I'd love to hear.
I know what you're thinking- another fall bucket list?! But this one is made just for us. Not the kids or the family, something we can do. Did you miss the fall family bucket list? Find it here. Now, doesn't this look like a fun way to spend your fall? Click to download.
What would you add?
I strongly believe in being respectful and caring towards others. I was raised to use my manners, love and be kind. As I hope most are. But there are times when I really question humanity. I question our future, my children's future and the direction we are going in. I'm appalled at the comments I read on news articles and social media. When there is a death, people should mourn and pray. If you don't pray, that's okay! You can send positive thoughts or maybe even reach out to the family. I would hope your heart isn’t made of stone. I think it’s easy for people to sit behind their computers and let whatever trash just spew out of their mouth. It’s easy now for people to post hateful words.
It’s hard raising children in a world with so much hate. It’s hard seeing and reading so many negative stories and words.
We are the difference. Our children are the difference. Don’t you think so?
It’s up to us to make a difference. Right now! Starting with the way we raise our children.
It’s our job to teach them how to behave and give them those positive values.
Teach them to be kind and accepting. It's okay to be different. That's what makes us all beautiful!
Teach them to love and to reach out to people in their time of need.
Teach them to be honest.
Teach them to use their manners, all the time.
Teach them to be respectful always. We don't speak negatively to people's faces and if we have something to say, we do it the right way.
Teach them to trust you.
Teach them to choose their words wisely and think before they speak. Communicate to them the power of words and how they can hurt.
Teach them to be brave, to stand up for other children on the playground and to stand up for their beliefs.
And most importantly, show them these things. Lead by example. Be the person you want them to be.
May you raise your beautiful children to be the people we need in the world.
Good morning! How is everyone today? Hopefully you are all having a wonderful morning! I'm sure you are all ready for the weekend, like I am. I wanted to share with you this morning, our home. Our house is incredibly special to us. It's where I grew up. My parents bought this property the day that I was born. We lived in a little tiny tiny mobile home while they built this house. I always knew I wanted this house one day- never wanting my dad to sell it. That day finally came last November. Buying a house is a long, confusing and scary process- but it was so worth it!
We live out in the country on five acres, surrounded by green trees and deer, ducks, birds, squirrels, two eagles, geese and I'm sure more. The woods are a mysterious place for the boys, a great place to explore.
"The home should be the treasure chest of living"
Kids. House. Dishes. Laundry- endless amounts of laundry. Planning. Sweeping. Preparing meals. Budgeting. Reasoning. Breaking up fights. Changing diapers. Picking up toys. These are just a couple of the tasks I do each day. My days are filled with chasing around an almost five year old, three year old and cuddling a baby. A house full of three boys gets crazy, messy and overwhelming at times. Most days I have at least one moment where I feel like I should just lock myself in the bathroom for one minute. Then there is my husband- who comes home happy every day from work and steps into a whirlwind of screaming kids, demands and running around. You love your husband with all you have but are you showing that daily? It's easy to get caught up in life- your to do list grows longer by the minute by never fully complete. Your mind feels like it's non-stop and your focus is constantly switching from one thing to the next. Marriage should be a top priority. It's tough but we need to work at it daily. Here are some simple ways to enhance your marriage today. Each item on this list is quick and easy. You can also get creative and do something that requires more time!
1. Say I Love You. These little words can make all the difference.
2. Slip a note inside their lunch or wallet.
3. Take a moment out of the day to listen to them. Actually listen, without any distractions. Pay attention to their words.
4. Say thank you!
5. Bring them home a coffee. I love when my husband does this. If I was out more, I'd totally do this.
6. Buy their favorite treat and bring home. Even a candy bar will do, it's just the thought.
7. Make their favorite drink and hand it to them when they walk through the door.
8. Smile and give your husband a kiss when he gets home.
9. Ask about their day. Tell them about your day.
10. Hop in the shower with them.
11. Only say kind things about your husband to family and friends. We all have fights- that is normal and we love to confide in our girlfriends. I am all for that, they give us some of the best advice. I’m talking about saying only negative things, repeatedly. There is no need for that!
12. Do not talk about your husband negatively on Facebook or any other social media. Don’t air your dirty laundry on Facebook. I'm surprised people actually do this.
13. Give your husband a kiss goodnight.
14. Holds his hand, touch his arm- the simplest form of touch can go a long way.
15. If you have an issue, talk about it in a respectful way. Don’t start out angry or roll your eyes.
16. Say you’re sorry when you need to. This is hard but so important. Admit when you are wrong.
17. Forgive. I know it's hard when he leaves his dirty clothes everywhere, the garbage is overflowing and his dirty socks are wedged in the couch. Forgive and let go.
19. Leave a love note on his pillow.
20. Make or buy his favorite dessert.
21. Kiss him- Not a hurried kiss but an actual kiss that is longer than 30 seconds.
22. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects, try to kick those thoughts out and replace them with positive ones.
23. Be honest about what is bothering you. Just don’t forget number 15.
24. Treat your spouse like they are important. Because they are!
25. Send a sweet text during the day.
26. Give them a call on their lunch to let them know you are thinking of them.
27. Bring them coffee in bed, when they get up or while they are getting ready for work.
28. Go to bed together at night.
29. Do something fun!
30. Learn their love language and while you’re at it, learn your own! It really does make a world of difference and it’s amazing how on spot each love language is.
And last but not least- Put your phone down!
Please know that no matter what you say or do, I will always be here for you. I get life is tough. Please know that it is my love for you that makes me worry. I do fully trust you. I understand you don't think mom is cool. I won't kiss you in front of your friends but I'll sneak one when I can. I will continue to watch you while you sleep every now and again and amaze at the beautiful boys you are. I won't embarrass you with silly stories- in front of you. When you tell your dad and I to leave you alone, I know you are just working through your emotions. I trust that you have taken all we have taught you and are doing your best. I pray that you'll always know I am here for you. It doesn't matter how big you get. I will always be your mother. I will always support and encourage you. I hope you follow your dreams. Know that I will be your biggest supporter. Your loudest fan. I know you will be kind. When someone hurts you, I will be by your side but I wont always be there to help. I know you will learn to stand up for yourself and your beliefs. I will wipe your tears when you are hurting. I will cry with you. I need you to know my greatest gift is you. My heart will forever be yours.
Summer has been beautiful here in Northwest Washington. We are experiencing a very hot, dry summer- which is unusual for this time of year. I love summer time, although this hot weather is starting to drive me a little crazy. Here are some of my summer favorites, along with our family summer favorites.
My Summer Favorites
Our Family Summer Favorites
Summer at our house
We just bought our house this past November, so we are spending our first summer here. We love it! If you remember, we bought the house from my dad. This is my childhood home. It's so exciting to see them running around the same place we did.
With five acres, our number one summer favorite is exploring. My boys love to go out and explore their new surroundings. Just this morning we created a treasure map and set out on a treasure hunt. We love building forts. The boys love being in the water so we use the sprinkler and pool almost every day. With so much room- there is always something fun to do.
What are your Summer favorites?